Sunday, September 7, 2008

Football Season











HOO-RAY!!!! It is football season and we can stop pretending to forget about the Reds/Indians. To celebrate the inaugural weekend we actually went to a Reds game. No matter how many Reds vs. Cubs games I go to, I cannot get used to the fact that Cubs fans outnumber Reds, the HOME team, by at least 4:1. To put that in persceptive, there were 41,000+ fans at last night's game and to look across the fans it was a sea of blue. I promised Rob I would root for the Cubs in the postseason so I will not utter a negative word about Uncle Lou or his minnions. I believe Grandma Beatty is also known to be a Cubs fan. Is that how you spell 'minnions'? I'm sure the internet has a powerful dictionary but I generally regard myself as an above average speller. Grammar, that's another story, but I spell good.

In fact, I think I spell better than Braylon Edwards can catch a football. I am looking forward to football season, especially Browns season. Each summer I wait for the Browns and desperately hope they will be watchable. That is the mark of a true Clevelander; we will happily settle for watchable. Above 500? Post season? Championship? Nah - we just want to sit on the couch every Sunday without the fear of heart breaking agony. Dont' get me wrong, the fear of said agony can be crippling. Like FDR said: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself unless you're a Cleveland sports fan" (I think that the end of that famous quote is often forgotten but I'm pretty sure those were his original words).

So anyways, here are pictures of Lily, which is why you've bothered to look at this blog in the first place. Enjoy and GO BROWNS!!! (and Bengals).