Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sarasota, FL



















We took our first official "Family Vacation" to Sarasota, FL over Memorial Day Weekend.  Four pairs of sunglasses and two beach hats later we made it home with our sense of humor intact.  We stayed at The Ritz Carlton (don't be fooled, dear Reader, we got a SWEET deal that made it "affordable").  I will editorialize here for a moment and share my belief that there is not, in fact, a terrible recession going on.  Please don't take this the wrong way; I know there is a terrible recession going on but not at The Ritz.  I don't think there has ever been a recession there and there probably never will be.  That is unless Louis XVI decor goes the way of the Dodo.  If anyone knows how they do that trick where they glue expensive fabric to the walls to make it look like incredibly fancy wallpaper please let me know.  I'd like to see 'Design on a Dime' tackle that project.  I also think they probably have a pretty hefty Swiffer bill with all those sophets (sp?) and such.  I digress; Lily had a fantastic time at the beach, in the baby fountain thing, at the pool, at the Mote Marine Aquarium, and at the airport where she made some very important calls.  I'm already looking forward to our next family vacation.