Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lily's July 4th Weekend














Lily had an excellent Fourth of July weekend.  We traveled to the greater Toledo, OH area to visit Great Grandma & Grandpa, Papa, & Nana.  While in the Toledo area we visited the Toledo Zoo, which I highly recommend.  We stayed at a hotel on Friday night and did not get the room we reserved so Joe and I had to share a bed with Lily, which I do NOT recommend.  I'm thinking she probably needs a California King to herself because she moves around so much.  If I hadn't lost my sense of humor around 1AM I would have taken some pictures of her as she slept - she was vertical, horizontal, diagonal. I got poked in the eye, kicked, slugged etc. all night long.  Needless to say we were thrilled to sleep in our own bed again sans toddler.  

Other new developments in the life of Lily:  She absolutely LOVES "Annie" (as in Little Orphan Annie) and watches it every day.  She also likes to sing the songs "Baby" and "Dumb Dog".  Lily is really enjoying the pool this summer.  She has learned to go under water and stand back up (in the baby pool).  

In other news: I am 27 weeks pregnant and doing great.  We are expecting Baby Girl #2 in October.   We think Lily is excited about being a big sister..."think" being the operative word here.